Course Description & Maps
All events start and finish at the Michigan CardioVascular Institute, 1015 S. Washington Ave., Saginaw.
USATF-Certified Half Marathon
Starting at the Michigan CardioVascular Institute, runners will travel through Hoyt Park and will "run with the animals" in the nationally accredited Children's Zoo at Celebration Square. You will experience a gradual elevation change as you cross over the Saginaw River. This USATF-certified course will also take runners through Celebration Square, Old Town Business District, Wickes Park, picturesque Ojibway Island, and the Saginaw Riverwalk. Roads on the course will be closed entirely to allow racers safe passage.
Please be aware:
- A short portion of the course by the Zoo is a gravel walkway.
- You must be able to complete the half marathon in 3.5 hours. All roads will re-open no later than 11:30 a.m.
5K and 10K Courses
The 5K and 10K courses will proceed through renovated Hoyt Park and through the paths and gardens of the nationally acrredited Children's Zoo at Celebration Square. The courses will take participants onto the picturesque Ojibway Island and along the Saginaw Riverwalk.
Please be aware: A short portion of the course by the Zoo is a gravel walkway. Because of course congestion, strollers are NOT allowed.
Additional Course Features:
- Entertainment and cheering sections throughout courses to encourage and energize race participants.
- Water stations also located throughout all courses.
- Port-a-potties available at race start, finish, and approximately every two miles on the half marathon course.
- Paramedics with AEDs will be located every two miles.