Run for Your Heart is more than a road race. It is an opportunity to create a community that is healthy and vibrant. It is about fighting heart disease – the #1 killer – in the Great Lakes Bay Region.
The courses have both an urban and park-like flair as racers travel through city streets, the nationally accredited Children's Zoo at Celebration, several parks, and alongside the riverbanks of the Saginaw River. Racers also will enjoy entertainment and cheering sections throughout the course. (Please be aware that because of course congestion, strollers are not allowed. Thank you for your understanding.)
Our goal is to create a race that will bring you back year after year and it is working! But don't only take our word for it. Take a look at just a few of the comments we received from our post-race survey:
- Feels like family
- This was by far my favorite half marathon of the summer!
- The course showed off what is good about Saginaw.
- Great cause to support
- I ran in honor of my father who is 86-years-old.
- Amazing event
- Although I was last, everyone made me feel like a winner.
- Atmosphere was joyous.
- Volunteers are great!
- All events start/finish at Michigan CardioVascular Institue/MCVI (1015 S. Washington, Saginaw).
- Electronic timing provided by Everal Race Management.
- Restrooms available at start/finish and approximately every two miles on the half marathon course.
- Water and aid stations approximately every two miles. Sports energy drink (Skratch Lab) available near miles 4 & 8 in the half marathon.
- No cotton tees here! All racers (5K, 10K, half marathon) will receive a performance shirt. Only race entries received by August 31, 2016 are guaranteed a race shirt.
- All racers receive a finisher medal!
Start times for 2016
- Special "Run. Honor. Remember." ceremony held in memory of Sam Merrill, WNEM TV5 News Anchor, and all those touched by heart disease (7:45 a.m.)
- 10K Run (7:50 a.m. start)
- USATF-certified Half Marathon (8:00 a.m. start)
- 5K Run and Walk (8:20 a.m. start)
- Free Tot Trot (9:30 a.m. start)
Expo open from 7:30 a.m. to the end of races. Awards will begin as race results become available. Enjoy start/finish line entertainment provided by Rusch Entertainment while you wait.